Senior Software Engineer
October 2015 - Present
4aGoodCause is a donation platform used by nonprofits to raise money for charities. I was hired to perform a full rewrite of the existing platform. I was tasked to bring the codebase up to modern standards and to automate many critical processes that were previously being done manually.
- Sole back-end developer responsible for the designing and building of all major features.
- Maintain the production and staging environments, optimize server resources and actively troubleshoot bugs and user-reported errors.
- Implemented such features as: payment processing with multiple payment gateways, nonprofit CRM functions, SMS integrations, and advanced reporting tools.
January 2014 - October 2020
Popular Pays is a marketplace that connects social media influencers with brands. I was hired to build the initial version of the web application to complement the iOS app.
- First full-time employee and helped grow the team from 2 to 40 teammates.
- Graduated from Y-Combinator in 2015 as a co-founder of Popular Pays.
February 2021 - May 2022
Differential is a web design and development agency. I was hired to assist with a large re-write of a legacy student event management system.
- Main contributor to a greenfield build of a legacy event management system.
- Built and deployed full-stack features using modern technologies such as: TailwindCSS, Hotwire, and Ruby on Rails 7.
- Ruby on Rails